Good morning cookies ?Instagram
Oatmeal chocolate chip are a household favorite–plus oatmeal makes them breakfast-y, right?
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip CookiesCourse: Breakfast, DessertDifficulty: Easy
This recipe is based on King Arthur Flour’s Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies.
- Mixing Bowl
2 sticks or 227g unsalted butter, room temperature
160g light brown sugar, packed
75g granulated sugar
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1 tablespoon vanilla paste or extract
- Dry Ingredients
241g all-purpose flour
99g rolled or quick oats
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
340g semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- Equipment Used
Full-size baking sheet
Large cookie scoop (1½ tablespoon capacity)
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line several cookie sheets with parchment paper, or lightly grease with non-stick vegetable oil spray.
- Beat together the butter and sugars until smooth.
- Beat in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla.
- Whisk together the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, and add to the butter mixture in the bowl.
- Mix until everything is thoroughly incorporated. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl, and mix briefly.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving about 1½” to 2″ between cookies.
- Bake the cookies for 15 to 17 minutes, until they’re a light golden brown, with slightly darker edges. Their middles may still look a tiny bit shiny; that’s OK, they’ll continue to bake as they cool on the pan.
- Remove the cookies from the oven, and as soon as they’re set enough to handle, transfer them to racks to cool.